River Place on the St. Lucie is a 293 acre master planned community in the St. James area of northern Port St. Lucie. Native wilderness preserves and dense oak hammocks establish an “Old Florida” lifestyle that distinguishes River Place from other communities. Here, 113 acres of River Place is dedicated to open, natural preserves which are threaded by almost 2 miles of nature trails, woodlands for hiking, and wetlands for canoeing and kayaking. River Place is situated on the North Fork of the St. Lucie River, an acclaimed fishing retreat, where a lazy riverboat ride is just minutes from home.
The neighborhood consists of separate subdivisions:
- Bent Paddle – 35 single- and two-story townhomes with one or two car garages. Big dogs allowed.
- Little Kayak Point – 70 single family homes where half back to the preserve. In this section homeowners maintain their own lawns and are allowed to have a fence.
- Moss Rose Place – Just 9 homes were built on this circle by DR Horton. More could be added.
- EcoVillage – 224 greenergy new construction townhomes by HomeCrete Homes to begin in 2015. The 1 and 2-story townhomes will be zero energy in that they will produce more energy than they consume and owners will not have an electric bill! Other features included will be impact glass windows, LED lighting, Energy Star appliances, non-toxic flooring and no VOC paints, and home automation.
- Canoe Park Circle – 150 homes built by Hanover with the Key West style metal roof and large front patios. The majority of the homes in this section back to water or preserve. Lawn care included and no fences are allowed.
Home owner’s dues are $734 paid annually in January that covers access to the clubhouse and basic cable for all residents. Additional dues are based on subdivision ~ Bent Paddle: $200 per month for insurance on the building, exterior maintenance, and landscaping; Little Kayak Point: $0; Moss Rose Place: $75 per month for lawn care: EcoVillage: unknown at this point; Canoe Park Circle: $80 per month for lawn care.
These figures were verified in Apr. 2015.
River Place has a CDD – Community Development District – which maintains the roadways, clubhouse, pool, entrances, monuments, street lighting, boat docks, and nature trails. This CDD is paid annually in the tax bill for $1,100.
Plantation House is the resident’s clubhouse which features a large meeting room with fireplace, kitchen, private meeting room, small gym, pool with lap section and spa, and restrooms.
River Place public park provides cookout pavilion, playground, softball, soccer, basketball, sand volleyball, canoe/kayak launch, fishing pier, and nature trails.
River Place Homes For Sale:
Visited 9078 times, 5 Visits today